Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Pages: 1 2 »
  Print  
Author Topic: An Overdue Apology  (Read 13781 times)
timeAugust 03, 2011, 04:22:56 PM #0
Cold Dog
Sonic (Admin)
Elite MEMBER OF EPICNESS

Founding Fool

View Profile WWW

Hey kids! How you been? ;D

The name's Cold Dog, better known these days as Lee, best known around here as CD; AND I... AM YOUR CREATOR.
Nah, as many of you know (and don't think I don't know that you know) I am the founder of Nomoreblue. Nomoreblue being what this website was formerly known as until we made some arguably awful decisions! And as many of you will know, my name holds a great weight here, like a candy bar strapped to a particularly plump walrus. BECAUSE...!

...people might still be wondering what the hell happened to me, where did I go, why did I leave and, most shameful of all; why the hell didn't I say anything about it? Or maybe because

Well, to those willing to listen I will be happy to explain whatever I need to, but for now I would like to offer to you all my sincerest apologies.

About 2 years ago, sometime in Autumn/Fall 2009, I disappeared from the site without a word. What makes it worse was I left in the middle of a much-touted "Revival" strategy that I was hoping would draw in new members and spark new life in what was a dying forum. I left Jay Discoponies, who had been kindly paying for the server for years, alone in the management of the website. I gave administrative power to either Pickle or Rune, or had a say in either ones anyway (I'm not sure how it all happened), but I knew they could look after the site while I was gone. And for the most part, I didn't really expect to be gone so long!
At the time, my life was a shambles. I had invested all my time and energy into the internet and one day it all came crashing down on me. I found myself almost abandoned socially and slowly slipping away from friends who were moving on with their lives. I just found myself empty, and with the general shift of the website, the only thing I had in 3 years that I had ever equated myself at home with had changed so drastically I couldn't recognise it.
So I decided to take a break. It wasn't consciously I moved away from the website, but everytime I went to click on the tab I found I had nothing to contribute, and eventually moved away. As I dedicated more time to my friends who lived around me, I grew less interested in the internet as a whole. I got into a band, into social circles I had never been apart of and just lived a far more 'typical' teenage life for once.

And, in all honesty, it was the best decision I ever made.

As much as I loved the forum and everything that came with it, it had now become the one mainstay in my life and I grew more and more bitter towards it, to the point where I couldn't face it anymore. I even gave up MSN and other key elements of my online existence, moving onto a single social network (at present, Facebook).

By 2010, things were starting to cool down. I had proven to myself a lot of things, managed to establish a working relationship with someone (her name's Maria and we're still happily together today) and basically turned my life around for the better. And with that, I eventually could face the site again, but only in small bursts. I couldn't just jump back into conversation, but I could see how things were coming along. I noticed that the site changed hands, which was possibly the strongest moment for me coming back since I left. I felt overjoyed at the thought that people still cared so much for this old thing that they wouldn't just give it over so fast. There was a great sense of pride and a great sense of guilt.

I shouldn't have had other people keeping this alive for me. I should be stepping in, claiming it back myself and promising the world like I used to! But I think I learned my lesson. In the entirety of Nomoreblue, I was more the mascot than the manager. The friendly voice that greeted every newbie, the one guy who would keep the comics going and the stories moving but also doing his best to encourage everyone to do the same, to varying effect. When I claimed we could rekindle things, I hadn't thought it through. I've never had all that much power when it came to advertising or actually changing the site. Even now I know I couldn't afford to keep this place alive myself!
I had put too much pressure on myself and couldn't face up to it. I had a habit of doing that before with comic ideas (Nomorebluerians Movie? Nomorebluerians itself?) and other mishaps, and then I actually pressurised myself into 'fixing' Nomoreblue! I had well and truly screwed up.

And after all that, I can only apologise.
I'm sorry for having left everything up to you. I'm sorry for leaving at such an inappropriate time. And I'm sorry for never even mentioning it.

I'm also proud though =)
Nomoreblue has always been a friendly website for Sonic fans of any inclination to call home, make friends and have a good time. Today, it's closer to it's original form than it had been in the 2 years since we upgraded from Invisionfree. A small group of people who all go online just to talk to an audience of friendly enthusiasts about whatever the hell they feel like! That's what Nomoreblue was about! And I'm so glad to see it still is about that, at its heart. So thank you all for doing such a great job keeping it alive!

Now, that leaves where I stand now.
In all honesty, I've no idea. I can't honestly say I'm back for good, but I can't honestly say I'm ready to leave just yet!
In the future, I plan to set up my own online blog in which to upload articles I'm writing in my spare time. I also plan to go to University in a few months to study English with Creative Writing, exam grades permitting. How either of these will go as far as time consumption goes is anyone's guess. With a social life still to balance, work still active and heavy, a relationship to support and the possibility of another few years of education, it's clear to see I may be short on time. But I honestly feel if I play down my role on this site a bit and contribute every few days or so instead of every few hours, I will probably last longer in the long run.

So for the foreseeable future, I guess you can count me back!

As far as the rest goes, such as the old NMB crowd, well maybe this return can convince a few to take a similar stance and stop by once-in-a-while to say hi to some old friends, as well as some new ones. But for now, I'm content with how the site is holding up, and hope you'll have me back as a contributor once more!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 04:48:18 PM by Claiomh Solaius » Logged

Follow my band, The Pidgeys on Youtube, Twitter and Facebook!
And follow me on Twitter to hear me rant about music, video games, my career, etc.

timeAugust 03, 2011, 08:36:21 PM #1
Solus
Damn fool
Super Sonic (Head Admin)
Elite MEMBER OF EPICNESS

Everything is Solus today. Solus is a colour.

View Profile WWW

Haha, I thought I saw you on here once. Good to finally see you again, don't blame you for leaving (only for not saying anything about it ;P ), yadda yadda.

Every few days is fine, it's only the nuts (ie. Pickle, Blizz and myself) that are here every day. Probably too often, kaha.
Pity you just missed Vermillion. She had a somewhat different view of the site's current status that you did.

I tried to fill in for you - I made sure to try to post a welcome comment on every new member's profile. Even though hardly any of them stayed to even make a post. Kheh.
also, this site is many times better than Facebook will ever be >.>

Anyway, I don't know if we've been formally introduced, or if you ever even noticed my presence on NMB, so - hi, CDLee! I'm Solus (formerly "Solus the Echidna" on NMB), and I'm currently the holder of the job Jay used to be doing. I'm pretty sure I'm a lot more committed to it than he was, but I'm also not as good at it. Fair tradeoff? =/

timeAugust 03, 2011, 09:46:39 PM #2
That one bum, Bo
yes, I work here...im just as suprised as you are.
Tails (Global Moderator)
IBLIS TRIGGER

Was anyways, now im just lame.

View Profile

Hell-to the- Yea it's better than facebook! XD
Anyhow
I knew you had your stuff to do CD, thats why I was actually not even upset that you left with little notice, life does that,hell, your in a band! AND a relationship! those are priority commitments.

It will be cool to have you again, and awesome that your going to contribute.
You summed us and the site up in a way I never thought of before, I wasnt around when NMB was such a place, and knowing we made the atmosphere like the original NMB is actually really neat, I hope anyone that joins though can respect it as such.

anyhow to sum it all up, I'd like to say, Welcome back!

[----}
Please change batteries.

A better one, still rough. Don't know if I'll finish or not.
[Way past]
\wey-past, pahst\
in greater amount, measure, degree, or number: Way past cool, way past a couple, way past huge
to exclaim the opposite : way past small, way past lame, way past confusing

timeAugust 04, 2011, 12:41:40 AM #3
Cold Dog
Sonic (Admin)
Elite MEMBER OF EPICNESS

Founding Fool

View Profile WWW

Anyway, I don't know if we've been formally introduced, or if you ever even noticed my presence on NMB...

Don't worry kids, I do know who's who ;D
I may not have been officially around but again, I have stopped by to check how the site's still going and you two were some of the more recurring names ;D
Particularly Solus of course since you took Jay's position, though by the sound of it you've taken a position more like mine: Useless at Administration, Great with Forum Friendliness XD
I'll give you committed though, Jay was always a semi-visitor with big plans, but his investments lay in other things.

You've both done a great job in keeping everything on its metaphorical toes, so thank you =) And it's great to meet yous at last!

And follow me on Twitter to hear me rant about music, video games, my career, etc.

timeAugust 04, 2011, 01:50:35 AM #4
Rune
Tastes Like Apricot
IBLIS TRIGGER

Admin of the Roleplay Arena

View Profile WWW

Hello CD, it's been years. XD

I can't really think of anything else to say, for once I don't have a wall of text.

Missed you a lot, dude.

EDIT: And get your ass on MSN sometime, we need to catch up.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 02:01:42 AM by Rune » Logged

http://www.formspring.me/AquilaRP

"As a word for those people who like rediculously specied characters with magic powers, try looking around the earth for cooler looking animals. Instead of making your character multicoloured foxes, try drawing a rat or even really exotic things like oryxes. They also don't need powers to be interesting. They just need quirks and personalities of their own."

timeAugust 04, 2011, 10:21:08 AM #5
Cold Dog
Sonic (Admin)
Elite MEMBER OF EPICNESS

Founding Fool

View Profile WWW

Hello CD, it's been years. XD

I can't really think of anything else to say, for once I don't have a wall of text.

Missed you a lot, dude.

EDIT: And get your ass on MSN sometime, we need to catch up.

I'm afraid that's one frontier I'm not ready to best again, MSN became a miserable experience in my latter days and I can't see very many reasons to get back into that. At least I left here on more pleasant, if not guilted, terms! Send private messages and the like instead, I always preferred them anyway ;D

But it's great to see you too Rune =) I knew you secretly liked the place more than you would admit, but to still be contributing after all this time is quite a feat! ;D
Thanks a bunch =)

timeAugust 04, 2011, 04:29:53 PM #6
Saph!
Werebear
IBLIS TRIGGER

View Profile

*Secretly trudges in from the shadows, hiding in CD's actually, looking out with a curious eye at the forum she used to know... And might again.*

To you, Solus, Rune, Blizz, Pickle.. X3 I salute you. *gets down on her knees and smiles upwards at these four beings, and tries to keep the atmosphere from being cheezy.* No, really. I do. I never should've left, but I did because it was all just too much.. Life happened. School happened. And today, CD happened to bump into me on Facebook.. And we talked.. And I realised just how much i REALLY miss the forum.. Like nobody would believe. And well.. If y'all would have me back, if only once or twice a week, I'd love to help out in any way I can! Maybe even just.. Getting to know the lot of everyone new, mayhaps.

.. I'm proud to have been a member of the origional No More Blue.. But.. I could just as hapilly be a newbie of the New one. ^^; I'm glad to start afresh, if given the chance.

Whadda' you guys say? Got Room?
(X3 whoever did whatever they did with the new smilies is AWESOME. WHY didn't I THINK OF THAT?!  WTF...?)

LOVE THE DEW! ^^
 I'm on Skype now. ^^ Saphirestarr714
"Doing today what others don't, so that when tomorrow comes I can take advantage of what others can't." ~ FourEars
"The definition of luck; preperation meets oppertunity" ~ FourEars

timeAugust 04, 2011, 05:03:25 PM #7
Rune
Tastes Like Apricot
IBLIS TRIGGER

Admin of the Roleplay Arena

View Profile WWW

XD So my words went through to you, sis? And I get you AND CD back in a singular motion? That's win, man. That's positively win.

*hugs both you guys* |3 My friends are back, a couple of them at least. That's good enough for me.

http://www.formspring.me/AquilaRP

"As a word for those people who like rediculously specied characters with magic powers, try looking around the earth for cooler looking animals. Instead of making your character multicoloured foxes, try drawing a rat or even really exotic things like oryxes. They also don't need powers to be interesting. They just need quirks and personalities of their own."

timeAugust 04, 2011, 05:38:14 PM #8
Cold Dog
Sonic (Admin)
Elite MEMBER OF EPICNESS

Founding Fool

View Profile WWW

I told yous I'd do my best to bring a few of the veterans!
Hopefully we can continue our streak of luck in trying to get a few of the others back too! ;D

Thanks for coming back with me Saph =)  It honestly means so much that you even cared enough to consider it. Looks like love for this old place, no matter the look, doesn't die easy!
...I'll never explain it.

Shrug

timeAugust 04, 2011, 06:03:16 PM #9
Chaos Infinity
GGZ's resident forum sprite
Rookie

I want to see your smile again...

View Profile

Well they're coming back to see me, of course. ^_^

*gives CD and Saph a cookie with "Welcome Back" written on the top in chocolate chips*  Chao Yay
(although Saph's just says "Welcome Ba" because a large bite has been taken out of it)
*smiles innocently and tries to hide the chocolate around his mouth*

I ate so many Skittles I peed the RAINBOW

timeAugust 04, 2011, 06:15:23 PM #10
Solus
Damn fool
Super Sonic (Head Admin)
Elite MEMBER OF EPICNESS

Everything is Solus today. Solus is a colour.

View Profile WWW

To you, Solus, Rune, Blizz, Pickle.. X3 I salute you. *gets down on her knees and smiles upwards at these four beings, and tries to keep the atmosphere from being cheezy.* No, really. I do.
*threatens to remove Rune's admin powers*
Quote from: Rune
Heyy, welcome back, guys! Me? Yeah, of course I've been here the whole time! Why would I leave?
>.>
<.<

Hell, I'm surprised he actually cares about someone. Never seen anything like it in the few times he's been here. >.> What, am I not friend material?
Anyway.
(X3 whoever did whatever they did with the new smilies is AWESOME. WHY didn't I THINK OF THAT?!  WTF...?)
Yea, I figured that since this is technically a Sonic-themed site, we should have Sonic smileys.
I also planned to have some smileys depicting a few of the members, but so far we only have one ( WHAT DOES IT MEAN!!) because Strike hasn't coloured the Okami one like he said he would.  Raaage
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 06:34:33 PM by Solus of the Black Flame » Logged

timeAugust 04, 2011, 06:44:31 PM #11
Saph!
Werebear
IBLIS TRIGGER

View Profile

Well they're coming back to see me, of course. ^_^

*gives CD and Saph a cookie with "Welcome Back" written on the top in chocolate chips*  Chao Yay
(although Saph's just says "Welcome Ba" because a large bite has been taken out of it)
*smiles innocently and tries to hide the chocolate around his mouth*

^^ Well hallo and how are- COOKIE! *goes into a cookie-feeding-frenzy* Hey, didn't you just..  Heyy... .. Aw who cares. ^^ Dang, if I'd known they had cookies to give newcomers.. 0o; coooooookieeeeee...

Welcome CD. =P Mebbie I could give Vermillion a call too.. XDD Oooooboy.  D=

*blink* Strike. Must know this Strike. *puts him up on her mental pedestal as well* Strike.. *goes off to find him...* Also, yeah.. ^^;; Rune and I have been.. uhmn.. Roleplay brother-sister for.. Long time. XD I'd doubt if there's another fennec quite like him. =P

X3 4 NITRO COOKIES for the SMILIES!

EDIT: Also, take those cookies again for your sig, Solus. XD Hahahahaha!
EDIT: X3 I found Strike! =3 *gives him a hug for not immideately seeing him* ^^
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 06:57:46 PM by Saphire the fox » Logged

LOVE THE DEW! ^^
"Doing today what others don't, so that when tomorrow comes I can take advantage of what others can't." ~ FourEars

timeAugust 04, 2011, 11:22:38 PM #12
That one bum, Bo
yes, I work here...im just as suprised as you are.
Tails (Global Moderator)
IBLIS TRIGGER

Was anyways, now im just lame.

View Profile

*walks in* Guys? have you ever had the feeling someone was hunting you down and...-- OMG it's Saphire! I remember you from NMB!

I don't ever think we've met...ever...
well, Im Strike and I dominated the gallery...oh and im some kinda global mod/ RP character checking dude of some sort.
Nice to finally meet you.

[----}
Please change batteries.

A better one, still rough. Don't know if I'll finish or not.
[Way past]
\wey-past, pahst\
in greater amount, measure, degree, or number: Way past cool, way past a couple, way past huge
to exclaim the opposite : way past small, way past lame, way past confusing

timeAugust 05, 2011, 12:18:32 AM #13
Saph!
Werebear
IBLIS TRIGGER

View Profile

*walks in* Guys? have you ever had the feeling someone was hunting you down and...-- OMG it's Saphire! I remember you from NMB!

I don't ever think we've met...ever...
well, Im Strike and I dominated the gallery...oh and im some kinda global mod/ RP character checking dude of some sort.
Nice to finally meet you.

^^;; I was gonna' say, I reeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEAally hope you're not offended too easilly, 'cause I dunno you. =P X3 I do now though! *shakes your hand rather excitedly, and walks off muttering in low tones*

"So, you've taken over the gallery, hmn...?"

LOVE THE DEW! ^^

timeAugust 05, 2011, 12:02:32 PM #14
Ken Shuri
Oof.
Hardcore Metal Sonic

View Profile

I'm a couple of days late on this, but welcome back, CD and Sapphire. Not that y'all know me, but hey, I know who y'all are. =P

That one guy, from the place, with the thing, over there.
Pages: 1 2 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

* Recent Posts
post Re: Birthday Thread
[General Chat]
Solus
May 11, 2017, 04:27:25 PM
[General Chat]
Solus
April 18, 2017, 07:26:59 AM
[General Chat]
Solus
April 15, 2017, 06:40:30 AM
* Groovebox
Refresh History
  • Solus: Nobody knows how the Hangers On works. Currently Pickle's taken your place, Will.
    March 23, 2017, 05:13:48 PM
  • Will: How did Strike get bumped down from hangers on when he has more time logged than pickle?
    February 17, 2017, 08:17:54 PM
  • William Blaze: ...you have to be a cucumber nefore your pickled into a pickle' so the pervious statements are inaccurate. i know, fact checking is a big laugh coming from me' xD
    March 17, 2016, 12:21:02 PM
  • Saph!: DON'T JUDGE MY PICKLING!
    March 06, 2016, 07:12:08 AM
  • Pickle: That's gross, Saph.
    January 30, 2016, 02:44:29 PM
  • Will: I like cereal.
    January 26, 2016, 09:11:19 AM
  • Saph!: NotPickle1337: I am the most Pickle-y Pickle that ever Pickled.
    January 12, 2016, 04:38:36 PM
  • Pickle: ¡BUENO!
    November 28, 2015, 02:51:32 AM
  • Pickle: 'Sup
    November 28, 2015, 02:50:11 AM
  • Pickle: Hey
    November 28, 2015, 02:50:09 AM
  • Pickle: Hey man
    November 28, 2015, 02:50:04 AM
  • Pickle: All my alternate Pickles in DA HOUUUUUSSSSSSE!
    November 28, 2015, 02:49:58 AM
  • Pickle: Oh wow! I didn't know there was so many of us!
    November 28, 2015, 02:49:14 AM
  • Solus: Thanks for your input, Not-Solus #348721.
    November 27, 2015, 07:15:54 PM
  • Pickle: Oh man it's like Garfield Minus Garfield.
    November 27, 2015, 04:42:56 PM
  • Pickle: Also there's some not-Soluses around sometimes also
    November 27, 2015, 04:40:47 PM
  • Pickle: I like to think this place is a multidimensional hub where all the alternate Soluses come and talk to each other.
    November 27, 2015, 04:40:27 PM
  • Will: little late there.
    November 20, 2015, 04:03:14 PM
  • Solus: Why would you think that?
    November 18, 2015, 08:20:47 PM
  • Solus: ...what?
    October 20, 2015, 01:22:06 AM

SimplePortal 2.3.2 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal